Plant Partners Provides Live Nursery Merchandising Services
in Garden Centers of Major Retailers Across 15 States.
GARDEN CENTER MERCHANDISER
Merchandisers assist stores with execution of POG and upkeep of live nursery presentation.
Our seasonal Merchandisers enjoy:
- Working in an outdoor environment
- Creating beautiful displays with live plants
- Learning more about the horticulture hobby
- Getting a physical workout every day
- Making new friends on the job
- Loving their free farmer's tan!
- Seasonal part-time work to put extra cash in your pocket
- Flexible schedules to fit your busy lifestyle
- Opportunities to grow with our company
Our work is quite physical in nature! Requirements include:
- Ability to repeatedly lift potted plants (up to 20 pounds, sometimes more)
- walking and standing for an entire shift
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions
- A phone and valid email address
- Must pass a criminal background check
Leads perform in a Merchandiser role with additional responsibilities.
- Communicates product updates to store staff and merchandisers
- Keeps store management informed of issues with displays, product or safety
- Assists with recruiting, training and retention of seasonal merchandising staff
- Conducts initial training of merchandisers and follows up with ongoing training
- Uses company provided smartphone to take photos and file reports as requested
Responsible for the execution and performance of
live nursery merchandising program within assigned territory.
- Recruits, interviews and hires to meet staffing requirements for each store in the territory
- Conducts training to assure understanding of company expectations.
- Uses motivation and feedback to promote company objectives and hold team members accountable.
- Visits and assess the needs of each store in the territory every 2 -3 weeks.
- Assures all calendared and seasonal events are executed properly.
- Assesses needs of each store and assists with resolution of issues.
- Develops successful working partnerships with store management teams.
Provides leadership and support to assigned District
Managers to achieve long and short term goals of the company.
- Leads a team of 4-8 District Managers assigned to multiple store locations
- Communicates program directives to their team
- Provides training and motivation to promote company mission, vision and values
- Coaches and assists District Managers with recruiting applicants within their respective territories
- Assures District Managers follow established staffing procedures and budget requirements
- Assists District Managers with mentoring and coaching their teams of merchandisers
- Holds District Managers and their staff accountable for adhering to all policies and procedures
- Creates an environment of job satisfaction that promotes retention of seasonal merchandisers
- Routinely travels with District Managers through stores to monitor program execution
- Provides assistance with identification and resolution of store and staffing issues
Return to our Home Page or click this link: http://plant-partners.com/Pages/Default.aspx.
All applicants must apply online !
Wait a few seconds for the home page to load (the banner pics will start scrolling), then search by Job Code (if known), by City or by State. (By Zip Code will only show any matches to your specific zip and will not display jobs nearby.) Select job(s) to indicate where you have an interest. Your application will be forwarded to one of our District Managers in the area where you have applied.
We hope to see you in the garden center!